Results 1 to 1 of 1
July 29th, 2012, 08:16 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Sioux Falls, SD
- Tournaments Joined
- Tournaments Won
- EBZ Cash
- 0 Post(s)
- 1 Thread(s)
- Rep Power
GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator Tournament Rule of Engagement
Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament Rules of Engagement
This is a league style tournament that will go for 6 weeks with matches being played 2 nights a week and the matches will be best 2 of 3 maps. This tournament will start on Tuesday, September 18th, 2012. Matches will be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00pm Eastern. There will be a Home team and an Away team listed in the schedule. Home teams will be responsible for making the room. The winning team will be responsible for reporting matches. This tournament will be a 6 vs. 6 only and the Game Type will be Conflict. Playoffs for this tournament will be Double Elimination. There will be no adjustable size rule for this tournament.
The Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, is built on trust, respect of, and by the online gamers that participate in its tournaments.
Section 1. Website & Forum Rules
1. Respect thy clan/squad/individual, thy enemy’s clan/squad/individual, and thyself. Treat others in a fashion in which you yourself would want to be treated.
2. Have fun. These are games, and as such should be enjoyed by all who play them. If the game is no longer enjoyable than that is when an individual should stop playing. Don't allow your misery of the game to ruin the experience for someone else.
3. Follow and abide by the ROE (Rules of Engagement) for each tournament that your clan/squad/individual participates in. The ROE shall be short and sweet, and all participants should be able to abide by them.
4. Follow and abide by all forum community rules that may be established in the Elite Battle Zone™ LLC,.
6. Uphold the values of the EBZ™ while your clan/squad/individual participates here. Do not bash, insult, flame, or harass any clan/squad/individual who participates in the EBZ™. Your actions reflect this website, and as such should be navigated away from any wrong doing.
7. Staff abuse will not be tolerated in any form, be it messaging, forums, or PS3 online messaging. Situations such as this will be handled accordingly.
8. Disrespect in any form to any Referee, Moderator, Staff Member, Administrator, Community Member, or Clan/Squad/Individual who participates in the EBZ™ will not be tolerated. Listed below are the infractions that will be given if/when a violation happens. Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, may at it's discretion use (D.) for a violation without following A, B, or C.
A.) 1st offense from an individual that disrespects will be given 1 event suspension.
B.) 2nd offense from an individual that disrespects will be given 2 event suspension.
C.) 3rd offense from an individual that disrespects will be removed from event participation.
D.) 4th offense from an individual that disrespects will be removed from the Elite Battle Zone™.
9. Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, will not tolerate any form of discrimination of any community member based on Color, Sex, Age, Political Views, Nationality, Gender, Religion, Disability, Race, Creed, and Gaming Console.
10. Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, values the Constitutional rights for freedom of speech and freedom of expression. However; we will have to draw a line if this gets out of control in the forum community. We do not censor threads that are created. We simply ask that good judgment be used on certain words or phrases.
11. Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, is a Religious and Political free community. Please do not discuss either in the community, or while participating in sanctioned matches.
Section 2. Sinner or Saint
First and foremost the Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, understands we are not the only PlayStation 3 tournament website on the world wide web or internet. We have never proclaimed to be the World's Best Tournament website, and we never will. We have always simply stated "You will not be disappointed". The Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, has built relationships with some of the top gaming communities on the internet. We have seen how their members act on their sites, and we would expect them to act the same on our site. Follow the Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, rules as you would follow the rules for others tournament sites you may belong to.
Do NOT be the Saint on one tournament site and then be the Sinner on the Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, site. Follow the EBZ™ rules set forth for the website, forum community, and tournaments. Follow the Rules & Regulations set forth for each tournament provided for our community members. If you think you cannot remain a Saint while participating on our website because you are to accustomed to what you have played in the past on other sites we ask that you stay at those other sites. All tournament sites are different, have different rules, and will succeed without the issues that Sinners bring.
Section 3. Clan Application Process
All clans wishing to participate in the GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament must submit an application to participate. These applications must be completed entirely, and posted in the Applications forum board. Any applications not completed will not be accepted. Applications should be completed by a Clan Leader or Representative. A clan that truly wishes to participate in EBZ™ tournaments will have no issue in properly completing an application.
Click below link to submit clan application.
GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament Application Form
Section 4. Clan Invitation Process
1. Invitations will go out Seven (7) days before the tournament starts.
2. Invitations must be accepted in Four (4) days.
3. Invitations not accepted within the Four (4) days will be revoked.
4. Reply "We Accept" in the invitation to accept it.
5. Private messages will be sent out to the Clan Leader and Representatives with the Invitation thread for their clan.
6. Once an Invitation is accepted the Clan Leader must create his clan in EBZ Gaming™.
7. Clan rosters will be posted in the Teams List area.
Section 5. Rules of Engagement Quiz
1. Clan Leaders/Reps must take the Rule Quiz so EBZ™ Staff has acknowledgement they understand the Rules.
Section 6. Cheating
The use of glitches are not permitted in the Elite Battle Zone™ LLC,. Examples include, but are not limited to:
1. Moving or looking though walls.
2. Shooting/throwing grenades through walls, roofs, and soft spots.
3. Lying in soft sections of the map which leaves you hard to see. This includes laying inside dead bodies.
4. Using any device that may manipulate the map for an uneven advantage.
5. Using any form of a weapons glitch.
6. Using glitches in the game to gain an unfair advantage.
7. Soft spotting should be minimized by all clans.
8. Using a lag switch is strictly prohibited and this also includes any computer software program that creates lag.
9. Using a computer to alter the game in any way is prohibited.
10. If a clan is accusing another clan of cheating, the burden of proof is on the clan who blamed another for cheating. You must supply sufficient proof such as a video to show another clan cheating. Do NOT throw out accusations without proof.
11. Outside communication is cheating and the use of outside communication via a computer causes lag, and if caught using outside communication will be removed immediately.
If you have no proof DO NOT speak about an issue so that we may avoid any drama, or clans being offended.
If you have an issue with another clan, please submit the following to an EBZ™ Administrator:
Any clan or player found guilty of cheating will be suspended from the tournament for an unlimited amount of time until the EBZ™ staff has resolved the matter.
Any evidence provided shall be on VIDEO. If there is no proof via video please keep accusations to yourself. We do not need the drama when nothing can be proven.
Pictures will NOT be accepted as they can be altered with programs.
If the clan or person is found guilty he/she shall be removed immediately from his/her roster, clans official roster locked, and clan or person will be banned for the duration of the tournament for which the action occurred. If this should happen again with same clan, that clan will be removed from the EBZ™, and banned from future participation.
Any reports of abuse by fellow clan mates should be reported to your clans appointed leader/rep in the first instance, if the outcome of this is not satisfactory only then shall you report this matter to the leagues staff for further assistance.
The rules on cheating pertain to all Glitches old and new. Even if it isn't directly mentioned in this section it is still illegal. Play the game the way it is designed to be played. Do not use any glitch even if it doesn't give a boost to your armor, weapon power, or anything else. If it is something not meant to be used or it is downloaded from a website, it is a glitch.
All Glitches are banned! All Glitcher's will be punished when caught!
Section 7. Clan Official Rosters
1. Clan Official Rosters will be displayed in the Teams List of EBZ Gaming™.
2. Official Rosters will be unlimited to the total number of clan members allowed by Ghost Recon Future Soldier the game.
3. Official Rosters will be verified via the Ghost Recon Network. Any player listed on your EBZ™ roster must be on your squad roster according to the GR Network website. If a player is found to not be on the in-game roster, he/she will not be eligible for matches until added to the in-game roster. Once added to in-game roster, the clan leader needs to have an EBZ™ Administrator confirm the addition. Once confirmed, the player is eligible. If a player is found to leave the roster after a match, then rejoin right before the next match they will become ineligible for the remainder of the season as this violates the RINGER RULE listed below.
4. Clan members must be registered on the EBZ™ Forum to be eligible to participate in sanctioned battles.
5. Clan members must request to join their clan in EBZ Gaming™.
6. Names must match exactly as they are on roster in the game of Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and must be spelled exactly the same as PSN ID.
7. Username in EBZ™ Forum must be the exact match of PSN ID, and any clan member that plays a match that did not follow this part of the process, will not be allowed to join your roster for the rest of the tournament. If the player cannot follow this simple rule, then obviously they do not respect their clan leader or the EBZ™ and thus loses any chance of playing in this tournament. This does not mean they cannot join their team in a tournament that starts after this.
8. If your clan is found to have a Ringer that player shall be suspended for the duration of the season and your clan will have its Official Roster locked.
9. There will be no clans allowed to pick up members from other clans while those clans are participating in GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™. We are not saying you can't get new members. What we are saying is that when a member is picked up from a clan they shall not be able to be placed on any clans Official Roster for a tournament season while the clan is participating. They will have to wait until the next season that the clan participates in.
10. Clans are only allowed a maximum of 2 Representatives and 1 Leader. Leaders if your initial representatives cannot fulfill their position, you will have to make a change.
Click below link to create Official Clan.
Create Official Clan Roster here.
Merriam-Webster Ringer Definition:
1. A contestant, entered in a competition under false representations of identity, record, or ability.
2. A person who makes deceitful pretenses.
Elite Battle Zone™ Ringer Definition:
1. Any name created by an individual that is used by someone other than the owner of the name. Password is given out to whomever can help in time of need.
2. Any name added to in game roster that may help in times of need. This may be true owner of name, but merely added to help for a tournament battle. Name may move from clan to clan. If seen with multiple clan tags on multiple occasions.
Section 8. Weapon Restrictions
The following weapons will be restricted from tournament play.
1. Under Barrel Attachments: 40MM HEDP Launcher
2. Secondary Weapons: G106 Explosive Grenade Launcher
MK40GL Explosive Grenade Launcher
Section 9. Game Play
1. Trash talking of any kind towards staff or other clan members will NOT be tolerated.
2. Proximity Taunts will NOT be allowed, and each player must be careful as to what they say while in game.
3. If a clan aborts in the middle of the war, or is a no show, it is automatically a win for the opposing clan.
4. No complaining about the use of a clans tactics, or strategies.
5. If a player drops mid-round, the round will continue and game played as is.
6. Players are NOT allowed to shoot the dead bodies of any clan participant including their own clan.
7. A clan must come prepared to the battle room with members who are prepared to play.
8. If there is a mass boot (3 or more players from both clans), the map will be restarted and played as if a boot never happened, and the map will be played in it's entirety.
9. Muting the other team during the match is not allowed. Players must be able to speak to the other team at all times. This is to avoid use of Outside Communication.
10. There is a 10 Minute recess between each map including tiebreaker if needed to customize character weapons load-outs for each map.
Section 10. Battle Days
GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament is scheduled for 6 weeks of intense battles. The schedule for this tournament will be posted in the GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament forum. Each clan will play 12 matches (6 home games, 6 away games). These matches will be played on Tuesday & Thursday at 9:00 pm est. Rooms need to be created by 8:45 pm est. on match nights. We want the matches to start on time. There is a 10 Minute recess between each map including tiebreaker if needed to customize character weapons load-outs for each map.
Section 11. Clan Battle Lobby Specifics
All Battle Room's for each night's war's are to be created by the Home clan. All clan's should be aware of what clan's they face for each night and for all 6 week's. All clan's should be aware of what Map's are to be used each night, and they must know how to create the Battle Room. Below is the procedure on how Home clans are to create the Battle Rooms.
1. Load Ghost Recon Future Soldier into PlayStation 3
2. Press START button
3. Press START button
4. Select MULTIPLAYER
5. Select CONNECTION: Custom Match
6. Select HOST MATCH
7. Select GAME TYPE: Conflict
8. Select MAP: Map for each week will be different
9. Select TIME LIMIT: 20 Minutes
10. Select LAUNCH
Section 12. Battle Room Creation
Below are the Battle Room Specifics that describes in great detail how the Battle Room should be created by the Home clan.
All settings must be followed exactly as stated.
Rooms need to be created by 8:45 pm eastern time zone on match nights. We want the matches to start on time.
Conflict Battle Room Specifics
1. Select CONNECTION: Custom Match
2. Select HOST MATCH
3. Select GAME TYPE: Conflict
4. Select MAP: Look in forum for proper weeks map's.
5. Select TIME LIMIT: 20 Minutes
6. Select LAUNCH
Before selecting LAUNCH make sure you as the home team have your 6 players on the proper side of choice for your map. Once your 6 members have selected the proper side the home team leader/representative will invite the away team leader/representative into the room. At 9:00 pm est the home team must select LAUNCH to get the game started. If the home team does not have 6 players as needed they must get whatever players they do have and get them in the room. All wars must no matter what start at 9:00 pm est and any delay from the home team will result in the away team forcing a forfeit for delay of game. Video proof must be available to enforce the forfeit for delay of game.
Recommendation: The character load-outs in Custom Match do not save and must be redone at the beginning of each map by all players. The Elite Battle Zone™ encourages clans to practice in custom matches as much as possible to be familiar with what load-out their members prefer. This helps to speed along the process of setting up load-outs for tournament wars. The better prepared the soldier is the better the war will go, and the more fun we all will have. The character load-out customization will be done before the first map in the allotted 15 minute time period before war, and a 10 Minute recess between each map including tiebreaker if needed to customize character weapons for each map. Customizations of load-outs should only take about 2 to 3 minutes when soldiers know what weapons they need and for what map they need them on. We also recommend before each war that all players unplug modems to give them a refresh boost. This may help reduce lag and dropping from the match. If a player drops they have to customize character before getting back in the war unless they want the default weapon load-out.
Section 13. Rules of Engagement Q&A Meeting
There will be 1 meeting the Sunday night prior to the start of the tournament to have a Q&A about Rules and what is expected of clans. The clan leader, or primary rep should attend and are encouraged to ask as many questions as possible so that all clans understand what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. This meeting will be done via Skype and if a clan leader/representative does not have Skype they may provide a home or cell number which EBZ™ Staff will call to include them into the conference. This meeting will take place at 9:00 pm est.
Section 14. Maps & Sides
1. Each clan shall battle the Maps listed in the schedule.
2. Each clan will know if their Home or Away by looking at the schedule. The clan after the word "AT" is always the Home clan.
3. The Home clan will start on the side of their choice for Maps 1 & 3. The Away clan will start on the side of their choice on Map 2.
4. Home clan creates the Battle Room.
Section 15. Available Maps & Game Types
The schedule will be labeled with the Maps for each match night of each week. These wars must follow exactly as labeled, and cannot be changed for any reason. Below are the Maps offered by Ghost Recon Future Soldier.
1. Pipeline: Left deserted when local oil fields were depleted, this sprawling refinery is made of concrete and corrugated tin. Empty structures provide plenty pf places to hide, while a dry pipeline cuts a clear path through the center of the complex.
2. Market: Merchants have abandoned this once-vibrant shopping district as too dangerous. Brick buildings and wide city streets frame clear firefight zones, at least for those unwilling to risk cutting through shops and back alleys.
3. Overpass: Once an overpass on the road to nowhere, this stretch of highway came crashing down in a seriously bad neighborhood. With stairwells leading up to exposed sniping positions, there's as much danger above the streets as on them.
4. Harbor: A maze of cranes and shipping containers, the docks are easy to hide in and hard to control. Under gray skies, the forest of obstructions harbors hidden enemies, unseen until they pull the trigger.
5. Cargo: Hijacked on the high seas, this ship is a floating powder keg. With containers stacked from bow to stern, the deck is custom-made for ambushes. Inside, the narrow corridors and steep stairwells promise combat at deadly close range.
6. Rig: Rising above the waves, this drilling platform is built with no margin for error. Exposed catwalks can dominate the rig's deck, but offer no cover - and from up there, it's a long way down.
7. Sand Storm: Visibility drops to near zero as howling winds and blinding sand sweep across this refugee camp. Crates and prefab structures offer some cover, but there's nowhere to hide from the storm.
8. Underground: Buried and forgotten beneath the Siberian wastelands, this underground bunker still endures. Cold War-era construction makes for monstrously large spaces, and endless tunnels ensure there's always an enemy lurking around the bend.
9. Mill: Located in a peaceful village, the old mill site offers peace, quiet, and relaxation - and sturdy buildings with thick stone walls for cover. On the fringes, creeping wilderness provides a wealth of possible ambush sites.
10. Alpha: An unlikely transfer point for a stolen warhead, this empty factory looms large. Long sightlines criss-cross the decaying industrial structures, as abandoned pallets and equipment provide both obstacles and cover.
11. Riot: description to be added later.
12. Skylight: description to be added later.
13. Evicted: description to be added later.
- Objectives are randomly located.
- Completing objectives scores team points, some offer in-game rewards.
- Teamwork actions are scored as tiebreaker
Section 16. Tie-Breaker Rules
There are a few different outcomes that can happen during matches, and here is what the 2 teams should do in case any of these should happen. These should explain any rare outcomes. If you can think of any others and have questions about them, please send me,Pryboy™, a Private Message and I will add it to this post.
Scenario 1 :
Clan [EBZ] wins Map 1, Clan [ZBE] wins Map 2. In this scenario Map 3 will get played and the winner of Map 3 wins the match. (This scenario has a couple of ways that it can happen, so no matter which way, the outcome is the same.)
Scenario 2 :
Clan [EBZ] wins Map 1, Clan [ZBE] wins Map 2, and Map 3 is a tie. In this scenario, the match ends in a DRAW and that is how it goes into the standings. (This scenario has a couple of ways that it can happen, so no matter which way, the outcome is the same.)
Scenario 3 :
Clan [EBZ] wins Map 1, there is a draw on Map 2. In this scenario, the match ends there and Clan [EBZ] wins the match. (This scenario has a couple of ways that it can happen, so no matter which way, the outcome is the same.)
Section 17. Match Results Reporting Process
1. The WINNING clan leader/rep must report the Match Results. This will be done by filling out the Match Reports form for the tournament. The winning clan has a 12 hour time frame for which to submit the Match Report. If winning clan leader/rep fails to report the match after a 6 hour period, the losing team has the ability to submit match report within the last 6 hours. If neither team posts the match, the match will become void, and then both clans will receive a loss for that match and a No-Show on their attendance record.
2. The losing clan leader/rep must confirm the Match Results. To confirm Match Reports simply reply to post by winning clan with a "I Confirm" or state what the issue may be if you don't confirm.
3. Please include as much detail as you want in your battle Match Reports post.
4. Match Reports must have all questions answered. Match Reports that are not complete will not be accepted.
5. MVP's on Match Reports without clan tags will not be excepted. Make sure proper information for MVP's is submitted for MVP credit. Tags, PSN ID, Kills & Deaths must be reported. Don't be the clan that cuts short your player.
6. Match Reports for a clan No-Show must still be submitted with an exception. In comments section state that the clan was a "No-Show".
7. No matter what a Match Report must be submitted.
8. If no Match Report has been submitted by either winning clan or losing clan following rule #1 both home clan and away clan will receive a No-Show as the Elite Battle Zone™ has no way to determine if the match was played and if the clans participated.
Please click the following link to submit your Match Reports.
GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament Match Report Form
Section 18. GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament Ladder
GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament Standings : link added soon
Once a clan has accepted their invitation to participate they must create their Official Team in EBZ Gaming™. Once they have created their team they must join the ladder for the Tournament.
After each weeks battles Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, staff will update standings in EBZ Gaming™. Once the match has concluded and Match Report has been posted an EBZ™ Staff member will input the results.
Section 19. Clan No-Shows
1. Failure to show for a scheduled and accepted match will result in a forfeit.
2. TWO (No-Shows) to battle room or weekly meeting in a single season shows lack of participation and removal of the clan will be the outcome. These can be random, and do not have to be in a row. If you lose interest please inform EBZ™ staff so we can make the appropriate changes to inform the community.
3. All clans are encouraged to participate, and if they no longer wish to participate please let the Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, know.
Section 20. Playoffs
GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament Playoffs
(Amount of clans going to playoffs depends on number of clans in tournament. 8 clans = 4 to playoffs, 8 to 15 clans = 8 to playoffs, 16 clans & up = 8 to playoffs.)
1. Four clans at the top of the Team Standings will be the clans making it into the playoffs.
2. If there are clans that are tied for a spot in the playoffs we will no matter what use the seed for which EBZ Gaming™ has them listed in standings.
3. Seed #1 against seed #4, seed #2 against seed #3.
4. Playoff standings will be posted in the GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament Playoff bracket.
5. Each round of playoffs excluding the championship battle will be a 3 map war. The championship battle will be a 5 map war.
6. High seed clans will be Home clan in Playoffs. Game Type will be Conflict and Maps will be preselected and posted prior to start of tournament.
7. These playoffs are Double Elimination.
8. One clan will be labeled GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament Champion.
(Below subject to change based on amount of clans participating)
The Playoffs are based on 4 clans making them. We want to make clear to everyone that clans can and will be eliminated from this tournament once the playoff seeding is decided. If there are less than 4 but more than 1 clan at the end of week 6, we will seed based on information stated above. If three clans are seeded in playoffs, the #1 seed will have a bye into the championship match. Seeds #2 and #3 will battle to go against seed #1 for the championship title.
Disclaimer: The Rules of Engagement are created in a manner that is easy to read and understand. All clans participating along with all members should be aware of all the Rules of Engagement, and they should fully understand them. The greater knowledge the clan has the less issues will arise, and a better gaming experience shall prevail.
Know the Rules, Understand the Rules, and Everyone will Have a Great Time.
The Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, staff reserves the right to amend and create rules in order to maintain efficient administration of the GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ Tournament. These rules are made to help keep the game fair and fun for everyone. The purpose of the Elite Battle Zone™ LLC, is to have fun and to enjoy the game of Ghost Recon Future Soldier we all love to play.
By EBZ-Chris in forum GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ TournamentReplies: 1Last Post: September 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
By EBZ-Chris in forum GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ TournamentReplies: 0Last Post: August 8th, 2012, 12:57 PM
By EBZ-Chris in forum GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ TournamentReplies: 0Last Post: July 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
By EBZ-Chris in forum GRFS: Operation Sovereign Predator™ TournamentReplies: 0Last Post: July 29th, 2012, 08:49 PM